The diverse phases implicated in conveyancing a Spanish property could be confusing, but we will help you understand the whole process, feeling this way safe and secure. You can trust our all-inclusive conveyance services. We keep you permanently informed until the end of the process. Our custom-made service guarantees that selling your Spanish property is an entirely trustworthy process with assured success.
What can we do for you?
Once you find a buyer for your Spanish property, we …
• investigate for existing charges over your property, getting a bank certificate confirming the exact amount they will have to receive to cancel the mortgage on the completion day.
• If you never had one, we may apply for a new Habitation Certificate.
• Procure from the President and Secretary of your Owners Association a certificate of outstanding debts, that shall be shown at the notary.
• Drawing up the private contract, discussing conditions and warranties with buyers lawyer.
• If you can’t be in Spain for the completion, we can do all you need with a proper PoA.
During the sale process, we…
• Reunite both parties in our office for the signing of the contract once we reach a deal on the terms and conditions of the contract. This can be also organised as an exchange of contracts by email and post, under certain circumstances.
• We indicate to the purchaser how you want to get the price, detailing the figures of every banker’s draft.
• We will be by your side throughout the notary process.
• Coordinate both parties and organise the appointment at the notary, assuming the duty of preparing the minute of the conveyance deed. And organise the formal mortgage settlement, if any, before or simultaneously to the conveyance deed.
• If you can’t be present at completion, we will, following strict written instructions, sign the deed either in your name, using the PoA, and will pay into your Spanish bank account the Banker’s draft received from the buyer.
• Detailed translation of the deed’s content before signed in from of the notary.
• Close down every bank account, once all is done, using your PoA, so that you do not need to come back just for it.
Once Conveyance is completed, we…
• Handle payment of all taxes associated with the sale, such as local tax of capital gain on land, knows as “Plusvalia”, and the State Capital Gains.
• Will claim from the buyer the certification of the payment of the withheld sum of 3% of the price, and will claim its refund from the state, or the part of it that exceed the real capital gains you had.