The NIE is a tax identification number, issued by the Spanish National Police.
It is necessary for most of the business that you may need to do in Spain, such as to buy or sell a house, furniture, a car, a bike …. All property transactions oblige the parties involved to hold an NIE.
The Police will issue the NIE number w in an A4 folio, with the petitioner full name as printed on the passport, place of birth, nationality, and the NIE itself, composed of an initial letter followed by seven numbers and a verification letter. The initial letter is an Y since 2008. This document, sort of certificate, is duly stamped and signed by the National Police officer.
Applying for NIE
The NIE can be applied for in three ways:
– It can be applied in every Spanish Consulate located in the country in which the Petitioner reside.
– It can be filed in person in Spain.
– Or, the most comfortable way, and probably cheaper, it can be filed by a representative with appropriate PoA, general or special.
There are four documents which are required to file the application:
– application form EX 15, completed and signed original and a photocopy (original returned).
– Passport and photocopy
– Address in Spain
– Paid administrative fees
We can do it for you with a very simple procedure:
1. Contact us by email. We will send you a form to collect basic information from you.
2. Find a Spanish Notary closed to you. We will contact the notary of your choice, or propose one, and send the Power of Attorney (POA) to apply for it. It can be just for the NIE, or also, for the same cost, to represent you behalf Spanish authorities. Once we receive must be signed before a Notary Public. At the same time, you will ask the notary to make a notarized copy of your passport
3. Return Documents. The notarized PoA must be sent to our office in Spain so that we can submit your application to the Spanish authorities. In 7 days you will receive a scanned copy of your NIE number certificate. We may hold the original with us, or post it immediately to you.
We do this service for just 150 euros, plus VAT and administrative fees.